I don’t know what to think about the Captain Marvel movie. To be honest, Marvel Studios doesn’t have any experience with female-led superhero movies. Until Black Panther, their female cast was like two women. The recent Superbowl trailer for Captain Marvel didn’t raise my level of excitement. It was mostly scenes we have seen in previous trailers recut with slightly more context. It’s almost like Marvel doesn’t want to show us to much of the movie. Could it be that they’ve already shown us the best parts of the entire movie in under five minutes?
Also, I’ve heard the critiques from the naysayers:
“I mean Captain Marvel could end up being a great inspiration to little girls but why can’t they be inspired by Captain America?” … “What’s wrong with a captain named after our great country?” … “Honestly Captain Marvel sounds like she’s from Canada.” … “There are already so many female characters in the Marvel movie I don’t know why this one needs her own movie.”
With my faith shaken by Marvel’s lack of confidence in their first female-led movie, I’ve decided to conduct an unscientific non-legally binding survey. I want sincere honest strongly held opinions so there are some rules to participate in the survey.
- Votes are to cast as donations to my paypal.
- Odd dollar amounts ($1, $3, $5, etc.) will be counted as “YES” votes.
- Even dollar amounts ($2, $4, $6, etc.) will be counted as “No” votes.
- You may add comments to your vote.
- Comments of interest will be posted on my blog.
- Any comments that contradict the dollar amount vote (a $2 “YES” vote with comments about how bad the movie will be) will render that vote invalid.
- All votes valid and invalid are non-refundable.
- Majority “YES” votes: I see the movie secure that it will meet or exceed my expectations and write a review afterwards.
- Majority “NO” votes: I will burn my ticket stub, post a video of it and write a review afterwards.
Dollar Tier Goals (Every dollar tier includes the previous tiers.)
- $10: Popcorn and a soda will be added to my experience.
- $15: Popcorn will be upgraded to the special Captain Marvel plastic popcorn tub (if available).
- $30: I will treat a friend to a viewing.
- $40: I will see the movie a second time.
- $70: My worn out work shoes will be replaced.
- $90: All the yarn I need for my current knitting project will be bought.
- $200: Video of ten tickets being burned will be produced.
- $60,000: Animated cartoon of this post produced.
Thank you, for your participation.